Friday, January 17, 2014

Five for Friday- Already?

Soooooo, I kinda don't want to it to be Friday yet because that means I have a LONG 3 day weekend of moving ahead of me... At least there is an elevator involved at our new place!! BUT Friday also means linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday, which is always fun!


 We did some nonstandard measuring this week!  I always love teaching this!  I think it's fun and the kids find it fascinating that you can measure the same item but get different numbers!

 
 My little scientists started exploring with the concepts of sink and float!  They love being called scientists and I have very strict rules for experimentation time and they all do a great job with it! More of this next week :-)
 
 We turned our fact book about water into an All About Water book!  They all did a wonderful job of using their fact book to write things in their all about book!!  I can't wait to do more of these in the next couple of weeks.



 Total score at the Target $1 Spot yesterday!!  We are doing addition and subtraction over the next 2 weeks so these will be a center!  They are dry erase compatible :-D






 This is the view from our new place!!!  (that's the capitol dome and in the 2nd picture the Washington Monument!!!)  So excited!

Happy Friday everyone! Wish me luck during the move- I have a pinched nerve in my back that has been getting better but I'm afraid this is going to bother it :-(  Jump back to Doodle Bugs for more Friday fun!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome view! Good luck with the move!
    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete