Thursday, December 19, 2013

Christmas Tree Craft

I just HAD to share this Christmas tree craft that I am using this week with all the kinders for our Holiday Rotations! 



Love those trees!!  I originally found them via Pinterest:  <a data-pin-do="embedPin" href="http://www.pinterest.com/pin/253890497716862748/"></a>  The blog just happens to be in french, which I do NOT speak... BUT I was able to figure out how to make it.  Here are directions for you:

1. Cut different colored green construction paper into squares- my sides were 7 3/4" 



2. Fold the squares into triangles.



3.  Put one triangle inside the other so that the tips meet and the long edge is on the outside (does that make sense?)



4. Fold the outer square closed and staple along the edge to hold them together.

 5. Hole punch and tie a string/ribbon through the top of the tree.

6. Let the kids decorate!  I had them draw something important to them on one side and then glue stuff on the other side. 

7. Hot Glue a toilet paper roll inside the construction paper and VIOLA! You've got yourself a beautiful tree that can stand or hang!  ENJOY!!

1 comment: