Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Christmas Questionnaire

I'm linking up with Michelle from Fabulous in First to fill out her Christmas Questionnaire!

Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog?
Hot chocolate for sure!  In fact, I just had some a little while ago!  Now, it has to be really chocolaty, not that watered down stuff from the tree farm...

Does Santa wrap presents or just put them under the tree?
WRAP!!  I love wrapping presents!  It's one of my favorite things about Christmas.  When I was younger I would always wrap one of my mom's presents with all of the scraps, so it would have like 4 different papers on it. So tacky, but it was always the best for some reason.  Last year I bought wrapping paper with glitter- BIG MISTAKE! It got everywhere! Never again, friends, never again.

Colored light or white?
White on the tree.  Colored lights on the house :-)  I always loved those old school big colored lights on the outside.



When do you decorate?
 The weekend after Thanksgiving!  I love putting everything out.  Waiting for the day we own our own house so that I don't have to take EVERYTHING out of our storage closet to get the christmas decorations out...

Real or fake tree?
REAL!  Having a fake tree is sacrilegious to me!  We even get a real one here in DC.  It;s pre-cut, but it does the job:

What tops your tree?
 Nothing.  But the funniest part is that EVERY year when we pick out our tree my husband asks if we'll have enough room for the topper and EVERY year I tell him we don't have one!

Favorite Christmas memories or traditions?
 As a child I would help with every step of the tree.  I would help my mom with the lights, help my dad and sister with the bulbs, and help my dad with the beads.  I was the only one who did it all :-)

Favorite gift as a child?
 Hmmm...  I remember getting out Barbie Dream House.  That was pretty amazing!

Do you prefer giving or receiving?
 While I love getting gifts, I enjoy giving them even more, especially as I've gotten older.  Nothing like seeing the happiness you cause.

What is your favorite Christmas song?
 Oh Holy Night- Celine Dion.  Girlfriend breaks it DOWN!  I will turn the volume up all the way in the car.

Candy Canes?
 Of course!!

Favorite Christmas movie? 
Santa Clause The Movie.  Remember this??
 
I watch it every year!  And my dad usually falls asleep every year ;-)

Do you shop online or in stores?
 A mixture of both.  I know the mall is crazy, but I love going for the Christmasy feel!

Photo cards, letters or store bought cards?
Either photo cards or store bought.  People know what we've been doing all year because of facebook, so not letter from the VanKuikens!

Thanks for hosting Michelle!!   

     

1 comment:

  1. I agree with the letter thing! thanks so much for linking up!

    ReplyDelete