Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Let's Gamble and Have Some Fun! Wednesday

Happy Wednesday!  I'm linking up with the always sweet Brigid from Bits of First Grade this week for some fun since we aren't in Vegas!
 Day 3 is all about sharing some blogs and products that we LOVE!  And I love this idea because I love people sharing new ideas and products that really work.
Brigid's post inspired me to create a Teaching Blogs board on Pinterest.  I've only pinned 4 so far, but will certainly be adding to it!  So, I decided to add Bits of First Grade.  I haven't explored Brigid's blog a super lot because I just found her but based on her number of followers I'm in for a good ride!  I also added Differentiated Kindergarten.  If you don't know about Marsha, you need to!  She is so skilled at differentiation and I have transformed my classroom just by reading her blog.  Oh- if only I was in Vegas learning from her...  Lastly, I pinned Mrs. Will's Kindergarten.  Deedee is fabulous!  I was lucky enough to meet her in Vegas a couple years ago and shortly after blogging she actually gave me a call to help me out with something- WHAT?!  I was a little star struck.  She has wonderful ideas for running centers and writer's workshop and I love seeing what she is doing in her classroom.  You can check out my board here


On to some TPT products!  How I love TPT.  If my husband only knew how much money I've spent... hehehe.   So here are 4 of my favorites:

 Ball Words!! Oh ball words!  This is an amazing sight word system by Marsha McGuire that keeps students interested and entertained as they work their way through letter recognition and 12 sight words lists.  It's awesome watching kids work so hard to learn their sight words so they can get their name on the wall.  I pinned it, but you can find it here.

 These reading response pages by Deanna Jump make it so easy to have students respond and practice the skills we are working on for both fiction and nonfiction!  Love!  I pinned it, but you can find it here.

I started a writing center this year at literacy centers and this bad boy by Lori Rosenberg gave my students LOTS of activities to complete while there!  I pinned it, but you can check it out here.


This product just happens to be mine! (I'm shameless)  Spell It is a spelling game that requires the students to actually read the CVC or CCVC/CVCC word to their classmates, not just look at a picture.  My students LOVE playing it and get really intense during it.  Hope yours do too!  I pinned it, but you can find it here, and make sure to check out the other themes I have for it- christmas, winter, st patricks day, etc.

Whew!  Hope you found a new blog or product to check out.  Don't forget to head back over to Bits of First Grade for more.  Happy summer!

1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of Marsha's blog or TpT store! So glad you added her to your post bc her blog looks wonderful! Your packet looks great too! Thanks for sharing!

    Brigid

    ReplyDelete