Thursday, June 26, 2014

Tried and True Thursday- Throwing Back to Center Organization

Today I'm linking up with 2 linkies thanks to The Teaching Tribune and Second Grade Shenanigans to bring you a tried and true method I use to keep my centers and their materials organized. It is also a throwback post from the fall.




I originally posted this as #5 on my Five for Friday post back on October 4th of last year.  Enjoy!!


 I was able to get us officially organized for centers this week (finally!!!).  It's a new system for me and I needed a bit to get used to it, but so far so good!  I have a center chart for math and one for literacy so everyone knows where to go:


Then, each table/work area is labeled with the matching letter so kids are not confused where the center is:

Lastly, we keep our centers stored in an organized fashion with little labels so every child knows where they go!  I just added this today and it was a LIFESAVER!  No one was asking me "Where does this go??" during cleanup- THANK THE LORD!


No comments:

Post a Comment