Friday, June 6, 2014

Five For Friday- I'm actually blogging!

Happy Friday friends!!  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for:

 Just to start- can we celebrate the fact that this is my 2nd post this week!!! I haven't been blogging much lately because I've been so busy with work, grad school, curriculum writing for summer school, dog, husband, etc... BUT I'm on a roll this week!
 We planted radishes back at the beginning of April and they were ready to pick this week!!  Everyone got to pick one and then today we cleaned them, sliced them up, and tasted them.  One kid put the whole thing in his mouth and proceeded to yell about how spicy it is!! DUH!!  Some of the kiddos (including me!) loved dipping them in ranch and they each got to pick an extra radish to take home and slice up.


 We have been immersing ourselves in everything Mo Willems!! If you don't know much about him or his books (Pigeon, Elephant and Piggie, Knuffle Bunny) come on back on Tuesday because I'll be blogging about it for a book linky (yes!! another post in the works!!).  Well, we have been working really hard to add in speech bubbles and showing emotions and faces and the kids are doing great! I love this example because you can tell how mad mom is and how "innocent" Malak looks when she says OK!!
"Malak give me a spoon!"  "Ok"
Her story was about her playing when her mom was asking her to set the table and this was the last page.  Love it!
 Most of the boys in my class have created REALLY strong bonds with at least 1 or 2 other boys.  It's really interesting to see.  Usually the girls in my classes do this, but this year it's the boys! Well, these 2 are BEST FRIENDS!!  On Thursday, the birthday boy, Brandon, was trying to sit on Alex's lap during breakfast because "He is my BEST FRIEND!" as he explained.  LOL  Then, this morning, Alex was about to cry because Brandon wasn't at school yet- "Mrs. V, where is Brandon??" (with his sad brown eyes).  It's a little ridiculous.  Well, have you ever read My Friend Feels Sad by Mo Willems??  Elephant is all sad because Piggie is not around but doesn't realize it's Piggie who is dressing up in all these costumes to make Elephant happy.  WELL it reminded me exactly of these 2 boys!!! So I just HAD to take this picture and plan on giving it to them at graduation.

 The mom of the birthday boy in number 4 made Tomales for his birthday (or maybe just a regular Friday night meal- I'm not 100% sure...).  SO, she ran home and got 2 tomales- one for me and one for a coworker Kristin.  Ummmm... AMAZING!!!! We sat in her room with her para and we all just ate.  It was quiet, and delicious, and relaxing, and the perfect way to end Friday.  




Hope you all had a great week.  Only 10 days left!!  HAPPY WEEKEND!!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! It was a great way to end a Friday, indeed. She wins parent of the year for that one.

    ReplyDelete