Sunday, September 22, 2013

Peek at My Week and a Freebie!

I'm linking up with Deedee Wills over at Mrs. Wills Kindergarten to share what I'm doing this week with the kiddos! (and yes, I am still in awe that I am linking up with Deedee!!! How fantastic is she?!?!) 
 
 As I said last week- I'll get the awesome visual plan thing down by Christmas time... between teaching, grad school, and my hubby, I just don't have time to learn it right now...  Does anyone know of a good How To that can help me??

Reader's Workshop:
This week we are reading about colors and making text to self connections- Have you ever seen anything that is red? blue? orange?  We will be reading a color poem written by my ELL Coteacher and 2 books:
                          
 We will be focusing on Brown Bear most of the week and the students will end up acting it out! Super excited for this!

Literacy Centers:
I'm starting my new center system based off of Deedee Wills' system and I am very excited!!  Mostly because it helped me realize that its OK if not every kid sees every center- in the end it doesn't really matter.  Here are my centers for the week:
1,2, and 3 (I will have 3 groups of kids, 6-7 kids, using the computers at a time.  We have laptops, which makes this possible!)- Computers- I will be manning this center for the first round of visiting until they get used to it.
 
4. My para will do 3 different activities throughout the week because she will see the groups 3 times (she will see 2 groups at one time which mean 4-5 kids).  She will do: wikki stix, and 2 activities from Marsha McGuire's Back to School Word Work.
         Back To School Work Work Galore-Differentiated and Aligned
5. Letter lacing- they will spell names and color words
6. Rainbow writing- my friends are either working on using lower case letters after their first letter OR learning how to write their last name
7. Uppercase/lowercase letter puzzle
8. Uppercase/lowercase memory- except they have figured out that the paper is see through and all they do is cheat... But at least they are still learning!!! I will make sure to fix this for the future.

Math:
In math we are going to continue counting and matching to numbers, and we will begin comparing quantities.  I'll be using a number of activities for this, BUT I am really excited to do some Read Read Trade for the first time!  Students will use the following 10 frames for this activity:
Students will count their card, tell their partner how many they have "I have ___ stars", give each other a high 5, trade cards with their partner, and then find someone else to do it with.  Such an easy activity to get everyone up, moving, counting, and most importantly for my many ELL friends- TALKING!  I also made cards with the numbers on them.  You can pick up this freebie here!

Science:
We will continue using our 5 Senses and will be exploring with colors!!

Social Studies:
Our classroom jobs will be introduced this week because "good citizens" have jobs :-)

Make sure you head over to Mrs. Wills Kindergarten to see more fabulous plans!

**I'm officially blaming any typos to the fact that I spilled water on my computer a little while ago :-(

No comments:

Post a Comment