I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday!
1. I MADE IT THROUGH THE FIRST WEEK!!! I just felt the need to celebrate! I have a good (not GREAT like last year, but good) group of kids to work with and I am excited for the year. Note: last year's group was seriously the best group of kinders in the world! Or at least in my world. We just gelled instantly- love those kids! But these ones will be great too.
2. You would not believe it but 2 of my kids were lost on Tuesday!!! LOST!! I called transportation to double check their bus numbers and they gave me the numbers and I made sure the kids got on those busses. THEN in come one set of parents about 30 minutes later- Parents: Wheres my kid?? Me: WHAT?!?! (this was of course my reaction in my head, I was calm, cool, and collected in front of the parents). The parents were totally fine waiting for the bus to come back with their little one. THEN in walks another set of parents- YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!! UGH…..
Well, everyone was returned and the rest of the week was smooth sailing, thank goodness!
3. Read Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and did this name activity that I found on Pinterest?? Another blog??? Yall- I have to get better at remembering where I found this stuff so I can give them props!!
I love how they turned out!! We got to learn how to glue- they are superstars at it! We got to play with letters, spell our names, and count! WOOHOO!
4. Did a little writing from our own experiences for the first time today. I have some pretty good artists! We practiced writing our name, the date, and "Me" on top of our head in the picture.
5. We started on day 1 with literacy and math centers! They are great at working at centers and are getting the hang of switching to the next group! Here are some pics and the link to where you can find the item (if I know where I got it):
Playdough letter mats from Marsha McGuire's Back to School Centers. You can find them here!!
I Spy Back to School also from Marsha McGuire. It's in the same pack- here
The Kissing Hand Uppercase/Lowercase match and write. Great set of math and lit centers for free! I blogged about it back in August but don't have time to find the link because I am literally walking out the door to catch a train to catch a plane!! Will find it and add it when I'm back!
Lowercase magnet letter matching (there are uppercase ones too). I don't know where I found these- they were free though! If you know- please help me out :-)
Now I'm off to Michigan for my best friend's bachelorette party!! Am I going to be the first one asleep- you bet!! Happy weekend!