Friday, August 30, 2013

Five for Friday and Classroom Reveal!!

First I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday, which you can find more of here, and then I'll show you my room!
1. It's teacher week at my school and we have been having a great time! (which is amazing for my school...)  LOTS of time in our classrooms, minute to win it games, time with our team to plan! YAY!

2.  Meet the Teach day was today!  I now have 16 (maybe) kids! This is good people- we want more kids.  I'm actually calling the rest of the parents while I type, and I just had a Spanish interpreter on for one my last call, but I'm not sure the mom needed it...  It made me laugh.  I hate calling before I've met them- I don't want to offend anyone by using an interpreter if they don't need one.  Hopefully the parents appreciate it though.  (AND 40 minutes later I am now done!)

3.  Notre Dame Football start tomorrow!!! GO IRISH!!!
It could be a very rough year for them- but I never give up!

4. Look at this puffed up little face...  

My parents' puppy was either stung or bitten last night and had to go to the doggy emergency room!  Eyes and mouth were swollen and his heart was racing.  He's all better though- back to chewing on the couch as my dad said!

5.  As I walked out today I saw one of my old students (from 2 years ago) for the last time!!! His mom was filling out withdrawal papers :-(  This kid was a pain in my butt and a joy in my heart and I cried like a little baby for 10 minutes as I drove... Then my husband called and asked why I sounded sad and I started crying again!!!  Ugh, I can't take it.

Classroom Reveal!
Alright friends, there are lots of pictures, bear with me :-)


This is when you are looking in straight from my door.


 And looking in and to the left.  

This is my table assignment area.  I don't assign seats, just tables, so this system works GREAT for me.  I have nameplates (like you use on a desk) that I stick up here with magnets and move them at the beginning of each new quarter.  I won't start this until week 2 though- so I know who should be with who :-)

 My birthday area!  I didn't put this up last year and it was impossible to remember who had a birthday and when...  So I'm very happy to be using it again this year.
 
 This is under the left edge of the birthday board.  It is my "writing" area.  It holds: bottom- my whiteboards, scrap paper and crayons for free time, middle- highlighters for poetry, writing paper holder (only one type out for the beginning of the year), alphabet charts for those who need while writing, and a special bin (see next paragraph), top- basket with dry erase markers and socks for erasers, and turn in spot for each table.
  
So that special orange bin is for my table points winners! I am going to give table points out and they will win this bin for a day and will be able to use markers, colored pencils, pens, and glitter pens to do their work with.  But, I NEED A NAME FOR IT!!  Something cute and catchy- can you help me??

This is table 5, my teacher area, the guided reading table!

My personal library- no kids allowed! It's right next to my teacher area.  The blue shelf on top is new this year- a way to keep my guided reading groups/books/activities organized- they will be in the pretty bins.  One of the black bins holds extra teacher stuff for guided reading and the other is my To File bin.  I even put an organizer in there to keep it neat- so much nicer than my 2 foot stack of papers I had by the windows that needed to be filed last year!!!

To the left of my library is another table and where I keep math manipulatives and some art supplies- I don't label my bins... Haven't found the time and the kids learn quick!

To the left are our mailboxes where the kids pick up all their things including homework folder at the end of the day.  LOVE them!

 On the other side of my mailboxes is my dramatic play area and more storage!  All those bins on top are the homework supply bins we send home with the kids- can't wait till they leave.
 This is in the middle of my classroom- top- bins for each table that hold math journals, literacy journals, poetry folders, and writing folders.  Middle- table bins for each table with crayons, pencils, erasers, and glue sticks. Both of these have cut out SO much time when it comes to keeping them organized! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!  Bottom- this is where literacy centers we are using are kept- still waiting on my bins to arrive :-(

 On the other side of the table bins is my kid library and seating area.  I am really enjoying the tape I found this year to mark where to sit!  AND I'm going to change it for each season!

 My calendar and main teaching area.  Set up for beginning of year- other things will be going up after 2 weeks.  The 4 shelves on the left are used for math centers- but once again no bins yet.
 To the left of calendar is our easel, which I plan on being MUCH better at using this year for the kiddos!
 Behind my easel is my behavior chart.  We do not use it the first week of school, PLUS my clips haven't come yet :-(  

Are you sick of looking yet??? only 4 more!!!
 To the left is my para's desk and more storage behind her.  See that fish tank?  WELL, it sat there all year last year and I never got around to dumping out the water that didn't evaporate to clean it this summer so.... FAIL!
 My word wall!  I didn't touch it over the summer because it took me forever to make it look all beautiful when setting up last year!  Can't wait to get words up.


 Above my word wall is what I think I love MOST this year!! My beautiful paint job AND my sport signs for the Dolch Sport Sight Word system from A Differentiated Kindergarten that I use! Turned out so great!
 Lastly, this is my smart board area.  I have a small table on the right for whatever I need it for- but right now it is housing 2 computers that are waiting to be picked up.  My projector cart- hate this thing, but still grateful for a smartboard.  Then a shelf filled with math manipulatives!

That's it friends! Hope you enjoyed the journey!  

Don't forget to visit Doodle Bugs for Five for Friday fun!
 




No comments:

Post a Comment