Friday, March 28, 2014

Five for Friday- School Saved Me This Week

Happy Friday!  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday to share all the things we did that kept me happy and calm amidst my grad school STRESS!
 This week brought tally marks in math.  I love tally marks for some reason.  I don't know why and can't explain it... I just do :-)  I found a CUTE poem on Pinterest which took me to a post back in 2011 from The Techy Teacher.  You can find it HERE.  I LOVE the tally mark poem, so I copied it down and we chanted it over and over while making tally marks with popsicle sticks until my kids got it!



 Target had some cute Spring puzzles at the $1 Spot.  100 pieces!!! I've done both with my kids this week during indoor recess.  Good times.

 This was one of our literacy centers this week- the cubes are in the bag.  They dump them out, put them together to spell the words, and then write them in their literacy journal.  They really enjoy this.  It's fun and different. 
 
 This week in writing was all about making sure our pictures matched our words in our How To writing.  I think my favorite was How To Practice a Fire Drill.  Here's how they turned out:



And some sharing:
 

This is why I love my class- they would rather play "Spell It" than have free play time!  Amazing!! I have to work on a Spring version, but it will be available in my TPT store sometime next week!




Have a great weekend everyone! Head back over to Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment