Sunday, January 10, 2016

Peek at my Week: Tacky, Olympics, Advice

Happy Sunday! It was a great first week back and I'm ready for week 2! I'm linking up with Deedee from Mrs. Will's Kindergarten for a Peek at my Week!
Before we get to the plans I need some advice friends. Last week I found out I will be presenting at a math conference here in Virginia! I'm very excited about it but also very nervous!!! I've never done anything like this before but it should be a good experience.  Any tips on presenting??? Anything will be helpful- thanks!

This week we will start reading Tacky books by Helen Lester!!
I absolutely LOVE Tacky! He's such a hot mess but means well and always comes through for his companions. And the kids crack up while reading, which makes things even better. We will read 6 Tacky books altogether, including this one:
Which sets us up perfectly for our 3rd annual Table Olympics!!!! I started the Table Olympics a few years ago during the last Winter Olympics. The kids work with their table groups to complete a number of silly tasks over 2 weeks. This includes stacking blocks, linking links, unlinking links, writing letters A-Z, writing numbers to 20, running, bouncing balls, etc. Groups get points for being in first, second, and third place and we keep track over the 2 weeks. On the last day we have a medal ceremony and all! Make sure you check back to my Five for Friday posts the next 3 weeks for pictures or you can always follow me on Instagram @thelandofican because I'll be posting on there too!

Here are the plans:





Hope you are back in the swing of things and have a great week! Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment