Sunday, February 22, 2015

Peek at my Week- Presidents, Coins, and Table Olympics!

Hi friends!  It's Sunday which means lesson plans.  I actually finished mine last Thursday somehow (amazing!) so I'm linking up with Deedee from Mrs. Will's Kindergarten for a Peek at my Week.
 We are still in President mode for this coming week, which worked out quite nicely since we are also learning all about coins!  My kiddos are getting to know George Washington and Abraham Lincoln quite well and will learn about Thomas Jefferson this week.  They have really been enjoying collecting facts and looking at pictures of all the old men.  And they love hearing about how many of them only went to school for 1 year, if any! They think it's hilarious!

*Cue Olympic theme song*
It's time for the 2nd annual Table Olympics!!!  I CANNOT wait!  Here are 2 pics from last year:

 I started this event last year when the actual Olympics were on and decided to bring it back this year because not only is it really really really fun doing all sorts of silly little challenges with their table mates, but it also gives students great practice with team building AND with the concept of losing.  Yes, that's right my friends, not everyone is a winner in my room.  I think it's an important lesson for them to learn and it's a safe place for it to happen.  More on this to come!

AND finally here are the plans:




 Well there we go!  A very full week,so here's to hoping 7 aren't absent like they were on Friday...  Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment