Sunday, February 8, 2015

Peek at my Week- 100th Day, Valentines, Conferences

It's gonna be a loooooooooooooong week my friends!  So I'm linking up with Deedee from Mrs. Will's Kindergarten to share all about it!
 100th Day! 100th Day!  I'm so excited for the 100th Day!!  Wednesday is the day!  It also happens to be a 1/2 day because of conferences (Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday), so we will be doing 100th Day Stations all day! I'll do a post later in the week to share all about it!

Conferences.... Oh, conferences...  I had 9 parents NOT show up to conferences in the fall. NINE!  Needless to say I was NOT happy.  In fact, I don't think I have never been that mad at school before.  The thing is, I let the parents choose their day and time.  All I do is make final adjustments based on everyone's requests and send home the note saying what time.  So, this time I have bombarded parents with reminders!  2 went home last week and another one will go home on Tuesday with a special note attached (in a bright color) telling parents to call or email right away if they need to reschedule.  I'd rather annoy them than go through that stress again!

Valentines!  Yay!  We don't do a super lot for Valentines.  Take the time to decorate bags and exchange cards, but no big party.

Something new: has anyone ever used this Fountas and Pinnell Phonics system??
We were trained in it at the beginning of the year and we were all so excited about it.  It's a great resource with great lessons!  I have been using it loosely- looking at the general idea for each month but doing my own activities.  We are going to try to use it during the month of February.  And I mean USE it.  Basically as a scripted lesson at the beginning of the day.  The goal being getting used to using their language because it is so great!  So you will see a little Phonics note during calendar time on my plans and that is what that is about.  I'll update you all as I use it more.

Here are the plans: 





 Hope your week isn't going to be as crazy as mine!  Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment