Friday, February 6, 2015

Five for Friday- Feb 6

Happy Friday friends!  I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching to share my Five for Friday!

 This week we started working on counting by 10s and 5s.  They have been rocking out with the 10s and having a little trouble with the 5s, but they will get there.  One activity we did was put the tens number cards in order and then fill in the numbers on a 100s chart:

 We also played with 1s, 10s, 100s game- students roll a dice (that has 1, 3, 5, and 10 written on it), take that many popsicle sticks, and say how many total.  The first to 100 (we played to 50 this week) wins!  They also have to trade in 10 single sticks for bundles when they get to that point.  It was great! They did so well.


 The kids started writing their own All About books this week.  I was pretty nervous about this because we have had our struggles with independent writing work this year... BUT we took it slow and I modeled each step and they did sooooo good today!!  I was so proud of them!  
 All About Butterflies- "Butterflies can fly"

All About Love- "Love is when you love somebody."  How cute is that!?
 Totally not school, BUT you have to make this red cabbage! Its SOOOOO good.  My brother in law made it at Xmas and I made it for the Superbowl and it is just amazing!  Sweet and sour and awesomely delicious!  (just don't spill it- that's a bad stain waiting to happen)  You can find the recipe HERE.


Lastly, I just love my dog Allie!  We moved across the river into Virginia and now instead of walking on the mall with her I walk along the Potomac which is lovely!  We are also 3 blocks from a small dog park, which is awesome! Here are some shots from this week:



 Hope you had a good week and the weekend is relaxing!  We have the 100th Day, Valentines, AND conferences coming up next week! YIKES! So I need to rest up for all that.  Jump back over to Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday fun! Happy weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I love the popsicle stick game. I might have to try that with my first graders to get them used to trading for a ten. Also, can I just mommy-brag for a second? My son (in K) counts to 990 by tens. I have absolutely no idea how that happened, but it's awesome. :) I'm a new follower.
    Deb
    Not very fancy in 1st

    ReplyDelete