Saturday, October 25, 2014

Five for Friday FINALLY!

I am FINALLY doing a Five for Friday post for the first time this school year!!!  I never have time to take pictures because of the special friend in my room  (who is not yet classified as special at this point), but I made sure to do it this week!  I also am usually so tired and sick of it by Friday that I don't care- BUT I have the strength and the will this week.  So, I am very happy to say that I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!!
 I got pied in the face this week for our PBIS program!  It was awesome!  There were 10 of us total.  Only problem was that I think the first grader who pied me was VERY NERVOUS so she didn't smash it much, just a light touch to the face.


 
 We have been working on retelling stories with a beginning, middle, and end.  These ladies were discussing a book in order to Give me 5 about it.

 We were working on more, fewer, and the same this week in math and our new math curriculum (Math Expressions) begins teaching it through graphing, which we have never done before.  It was great though!  We made a huge floor graph about their favorite toy to play with and then discussed it.

 We also played a tower game to compare numbers.  They did such a great job using their math vocabulary!



Friday we investigated pumpkins using our 5 Senses and used words to describe each, except taste...  The kids loved it.


 
Happy weekend everyone!  Make sure you head back to Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment