Sunday, February 2, 2014

Peek at my Week- Revamping with Word Family Study

Happy Sunday everyone!  I'm linking up with Deedee at Mrs. Will's Kindergarten for a Peek at my Week! (isn't her new blog design SOOO cute!)
So, this week I've decided to totally revamp my morning routine/calendar time.  My students are bored with it and so am I to be honest.  Learning a new days of the week song just didn't do it for us so I've made some decisions on how to change it up to include some interactive learning that will help with both reading and rhyming words!

I bought Marsha McGuire's, from A Differentiated Kindergarten, Word Families Galore bundle around Thanksgiving and never thought about it again until now!!  And I am VERY excited about it!  You can find it on TPT by clicking HERE.
Word Families Galore Bundle-22 Weeks of Differentiated Word Work
This pack is OOBER amazing!  22 weeks of word family study that engage kids with the short vowel word families.  Great for whole group, small group, independent centers, and even morning work/homework!! (you would think I'm getting commission off of this, but no- it's just that good that I wanted to share!)

You'll see on this week's plans that I am starting with the "at" family and will go on from there.  I won't make it through every family by the end of the year, but I am going to pick and choose some that I think will be the most beneficial.

We are still going to do calendar, but will go through it much faster to make sure we have time to do this new word study!  I'll let you know how it goes. :-)

Here are the plans:




 You can download the plans HERE and the word doc with the links HERE.

Jump back over to Mrs. Wills Kindergarten for more plans!  Have a great week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment