Sunday, January 4, 2015

Peek at my Week- Water and Winter!

Wow!  My 2 weeks off felt like a month and I NEEDED it :-)  I am feeling refreshed and reinvigorated and ready to tackle the next 5 1/2 months.  (or at least the next 1...)  I am also feeling excited about blogging again!  So hopefully that will stick and I will do some actual posting.  I'll start with linking up with Deedee from Mrs. Wills Kindergarten for a Peek at my Week!
 This week we will start learning about water- the states of matter, doing lots of experiments, collecting facts, and eventually writing an all about book together.  Luckily it's going to be super duper cold on Thursday, so we are going to try to freeze water outside our window!  It worked out last year so heres to hoping for success this year too.  

We'll start our investigation by seeing a Prezi all about water and its states.  I had to make it for a grad class a couple years ago.  You can check it out HERE.

I'm also excited because my centers with have a wonderful winter theme for the next month!  I LOVE winter and snow and everything that goes along with all that so it makes me happy to see it all over the classroom.  You can see the wonderful winter themed centers on my plans, which are here:





The only thing I don't have ready is my listening center.  I usually pick the book out the Friday before and that was NOT happening right before break, so it will happen in the morning. :-) Hope you all had a very restful break and get off to a good start in January.  Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment