Friday, January 23, 2015

Five for Friday- January 23

It's Friday, it's Friday!!  Oh, so excited that the week is over.  AND I'm finally linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday!



I bought those really cool finger lasers back on Cyber Monday.  After winter break, the kids had to win 10 tickets to get them.  They get tickets for walking Hip and Lip in the hallway, working at their centers, being ready on the carpet, etc.  It took them 11 days, 11 DAYS!  Ugh... This class...  AND 3/4 of them don't even work!! WHAT?!  I am going to contact the company I bought them from- so MAD.  But we started using them yesterday and they are really cool!





 So, I said I was going to be better at blogging, and I haven't been.  But we also moved 2 weeks ago and have been slowly getting this place together, so I use that as my excuse...  We are across the river now in Alexandria, VA and I get to walk the dog along the Potomac every day which is pretty nice!

 It snowed HUGE flakes on Wednesday!  It was beautiful!  Nothing stuck to the ground, just melted right away but we went outside and played in it.  It looked so cool to just stand and look up- all the kids said it looked like they were flying!

 
 We started talking about telling addition and subtraction stories.  When I pretested them (does anyone else have to do this in K?!? It's takes up so much time! Just them me test them after, you know!!) they told some really good stories, but not math stories- they had me laughing!  But they are getting REALLY good at it!  And I love this little freebie winter story telling mat from A Differentiated Kindergarten!
 
 One of my fabulous team members bought me and my hubby a move in present :-)  She's so awesome!  Everything to make some delicious spaghetti, an adult beverage, and even an antler for the dog!

I recently joined Instagram and am posting pictures of our hard work in the classroom!  You can find me @thelandofican.  Now jump back over to Doodle Bugs Teaching for more Five for Friday fun!  Happy Weekend!

1 comment: