Sunday, April 6, 2014

Peek at my Week- 1 more to go!

1 more week to go before Spring Break friends!! And it should be a good one.  Linking up with Deedee from Mrs. Will's Kindergarten for a Peek at my Week!


 This week we will start talking about Earth Day to gear up for our Earth Day Rotations after we get back from Spring Break!  (more on that on my Easter Sunday post)  

Last week we started using Lexia Reading Core5.  
 The program already alerted me to the fact that one of my kiddos needs more focused practice on positional words- above, below, next to, etc.  So not only with the program work with her on that, but it provided we with a lesson that I can teach her, which is pretty awesome if you ask me!  This will happen more often as they use the program more.  We are able to use it on our iPads and laptops- except they need to update flash player on the school laptops and I got so frustrated with it the other day that I almost smashed them!!! UGH!! Not what I need to deal with right as I am trying to start guided reading on time.  Annoying.  But that will hopefully be fixed soon.  The other thing I like about it is that it gives a recommended amount of time to have each child spend on the program weekly.  Each of my students got 40 minutes weekly, so this will allow them to visit other websites throughout the week too!

This week I am looking forward to Fun Friday!!  We do this the day before any of our long breaks because we all know the kids won't focus and the teachers can't either!! So, we will finish up our How To unit by describing how to make ice cream sundaes while we make them! YAY!

 They will not be in fancy cups, but they will be DELICIOUS!  Especially when eaten while watching a movie :-)  I am hoping this class is good at watching movies.  My class last year got really bored when I tried to show Ice Age, and they all ended up coloring instead of watching...  Does that ever happen to you??

Here are the plans:




You can grab the plans HERE and the doc with the links HERE.

Hope you all have a great week.  Jump back over to Mrs. Will's Kindergarten for more lesson plan ideas.  Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment