Friday, November 15, 2013

Five for Friday!! I'm Back!

WOO!  It feel good to be back on here!  I know it's only been a week and a half, but it feels like much longer!  I missed you all- I hope you missed me too :-)  I was super busy with papers for my grad classes and traveling for my best friends wedding!  So, I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for a fun Five for Friday!

 I went home to Michigan last week and over for the weekend for the wedding of my best friend!  She is basically a sister- been best friends since 1st grade- 23 years!!! AHHH!  I was the matron of honor and had to do a speech, which I like to think I rocked at! Isn't she beautiful!!

 While at home we got to see our ENTIRE immediate family! This is pretty amazing because we can never time seeing my sister and her hubby and my parents all at the same time!  Here are a couple pics:
Becka (my sister), Me, and Mom- we had a little family reunion at the hospital- my dad had a skin infection- but got better and outta there in time for the wedding!!

Dad and Oberon

 Got to play with this guy!!!
He has calmed down alot and has gotten MUCH bigger since the last picture I posted this summer! And yes, he does have the leg of the chair in his mouth... He's causes a little stress for my parents!
 I had 2 papers to write in the last week and a half! 2!!!! Maybe it's because I procrastinated a little bit... but I seem to work better with that little push.  Luckily one of my professors extended the due date till today for one of them, otherwise it would have been way too much to do before the wedding!

 BIG NEWS!!! HUGE NEWS!!!! I HAVE BEEN WORKING ON THIS NEWS FOR MONTHS NOW AND THOUGHT IT WOULD NEVER HAPPEN!!  BUT IT IS!!!!  

DEBBIE CLEMENT IS COMING TO VISIT OUR SCHOOL ON TUESDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can you tell I'm excited?!?!  I learned about her about a year ago, started following her blog and all that.  Then I saw her and met her in Vegas and fell in love! She is amazing!  The art, the writing, the music!! She is coming on Tuesday and to prepare we are reading, singing, and signing Tall Giraffe!













To prepare, we are creating a class quilt.  We made the background to our pieces, THEN we are working on adding a torn paper giraffe on top of everything.  Here is mine so far:
 Awesome, right?!  HAHA!  The dots will be added on Monday and then I will put the quilt together!  Don't worry- plenty of pictures to come next week!

Hope you all have a great weekend!  And just over to Doodle Bugs Teaching for more fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment