Sunday, November 1, 2015

Peek at my Week: Turkey Time

Happy Sunday friends!  I'm linking up with Deedee from Mrs. Will's Kindergarten for a Peek at my Week!



 This will be a weird, short week for me.  I'm currently in Michigan visiting my parents.  My dad had a bone marrow transplant right before school started and is recovering in a rental house close to the hospital and my mom is working from home because someone has to be with my dad 24/7.  So, needless to say they needed a little time away from one another ;-)  I'm home to help out, cook, add another voice to the conversation.  Luckily my dad is doing well and getting stronger all the time!  

All that being said, I am taking off Monday and Tuesday.  Luckily Tuesday is a PD/work day so there are no kids.  Then I'll have 2 1/2 days with the kids because Friday is a 1/2 day for the other half of our teacher work day (grading day).  Weird.

This week we start our turkey theme, which will be a little less about turkeys than usual because we are also going to start our unit on magnets.  I LOVE teaching magnets!  On Thursday I'll set magnets and a bunch of materials that attract to them on the tables and simply let the kids explore, listening to conversations to see what they already know.  It's so fun! Here are some pics from last year:

 (yes, we were wearing our coats... It was 60 degrees in the room and 40's outside.  My babies were cold!!)

Here are the plans:




 Hope you have a great week.  Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment