Sunday, October 18, 2015

Peek at my Week- Week 7

Happy Sunday friends!  I missed last week because I was here:




 I mean, I was sick... very very sick (right principal?!?!) ;-)  I DID get sick while snorkeling... That's a whole other story that most of you probably don't want to hear, SO on to the main point of this post.  I'm linking up with Deedee from Mrs. Will's Kindergarten for a Peek at my Week!




This week is a little bit of catchup with our apple science and moving on to pumpkins, with a bit of fall thrown in.  Ha!  It's going to be great though and I feel like I will actually get through everything because I am done with the ridiculous new math test that we had to give that was sucking up every free minute of my day!! Even my non free minutes... 

This week I am FINALLY introducing my students to Marsha McGuire's (from A Differentiated Kindergarten)letter and sight word systems: Top Bananas and Ball Words!!! I LOVE both of these and so do my students!  You can read Marsha's post all about her system HERE.


 Last year I had 2 kiddos get all the way to the end of all 12 lists.  Amazing!  I have yet to have a baseball party... We were very close last year but couldn't make it in time.  Maybe this year is the year?!?!  (side note- I teach in a school where 85% of the kids get free and reduced lunch and 60% of the kids are English Language Learners.  This year I have 5 kids who are a level 1 or 2, which means they either speak no English or very little. So learning to read 20 sight words is a BIG deal!) 


 I'm also introducing my students to a new paper organizational system for our center work (because things are getting to be a hot mess!!) and my Top Table Points system.  Hopefully more to come on this later in the week.  I know I always say that I never post again... Maybe this week is the week!

Here are the plans:





Hope you have a great week.  Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment