Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Organization Linky Party

Welcome to the blog everyone! This is my first linky party, and only my second post ever! YAY!


I thought I would share 2 things that REALLY help keep my classroom organized:

Book Boxes 
 When I moved into my wonderfully HUGE room last year I inherited a TON of books.  So many that I didn't know what to do with them... So I spent about 6 hours going through them all, getting rid of ones that were in bad shape, setting aside those I didn't want, and organizing the ones I was keeping- YIKES!  It was quite the undertaking- books strewn everywhere and plenty of paper cuts.  BUT I ended up with this:
I LOVE it!  So my labels aren't anything special.  I made them myself and they are black and white and not super cute by blog community standards but they work for me and they cover all the things I want covered! Whenever we are planning I can quick pull out books because I know exactly where they are. 

Table Group Organization
I have 22 kids and 6 tables with pencils, erasers, glue, crayons, notebooks, and journals to keep organized and it was all too much for me! So on a trip to Lakeshore I found the perfect organization tools:
These table caddies and bins have saved me! The kids keep their folders and journals in the bin that matches their table color so I don't have to worry about passing out anything now- OOOO organization and a time saver!  The table caddies keep all their materials in one spot and when the table leaders carry them to tables everything they need is there.  

Want more organization tips?  Hop over to Miss Kindergarten!

7 comments:

  1. Hi Heather!!! I'm a new blogger too! So excited to see another newbie to the blogging world besides myself! :) Love your library and the color coded table materials!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jamie! And I'm YOUR newest follower :-)

      Delete
  2. Welcome to blogging Heather! Check out my blog. It's pretty new, too. I love your table organization!

    Tracie
    http://kdgpenn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather,
    I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! It is to promote blogs with less than 200 followers. Follow the link if you'd like to participate!
    http://kdgpenn.blogspot.com/2013/07/liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracie! I will be checking it out! :-) And I'm YOUR newest follower!

      Delete
  4. I had a similar experience two years ago -- I moved grades and classrooms to a newly renovated room (formerly a library!) so I had a HUGE room with a bajillion books! I spent the better part of a week sorting through all the books, deciding what was worth keeping, what was too old to be salvaged (and what was just too...shall we say, dated?). In the end, I had a huge classroom library full of wonderful books for my little chillin's. I have found your blog through Miss Kindergarten's link up! Welcome to the blogging community :) I am your newest follower!

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you found my blog! Thanks for the support Rae, and in return I am YOUR newest follower :-)

      Delete