Friday, February 5, 2016

Five for Friday- finally a full week!

Happy Friday friends! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for some Five for Friday fun!
 We've had some crazy weather here!  We had 6 snow days because of Snowzilla and finally went back last Friday for a 1/2 day... yeah a 1/2 day.  Then we had some 60 degree days... Just the other day (wednesday I think) we had some intense fog! I walk my dog by the Potomac River every day and this is what we saw:

20 minutes later, on the way back, the fog was gone!! so strange...  Sorry it that's the most boring story ever.  I would be a meteorologist if I wasn't a teacher ;-)

 This week we started Word Study!! I did leveled word study a couple years ago for my action research project for grad school and LOVED it! I never got to it last year, but those kids also didn't really need it.  This year I thought it would benefit the kids a lot because there is such a big difference in abilities. So, I have 5 groups: beginning sounds, ending sounds, short medial vowels, beginning blends, and long vowels.  The last 2 each only have 1 kid each, but I think it's going to work out really well! This week was a test week, trying to work out the schedule and the kinks.  ALL the kids did great doing their final sort by themselves! WOOT!



 
 We were finally able to finish up teen numbers and YAY!! Almost everyone gets it!! I love teaching teen numbers.  I got these magnetic ten frames from Learning Resources and LOVED using them this week!

 Table Olympics continued this week!  I was supposed to be bringing you pictures of the medal ceremony BUT we had to skip competition today due to behavior.  I couldn't believe it! But I can only repeat myself so many times before taking away something, ya know?



 A pile of puppies!!!

 Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment