Monday, September 1, 2014

Peek at my Week- Back at it!

WHAT?!  It's time to start posting lesson plans again???  Nooooo.... Where did summer go??  I can't believe it's already here friends!  But I do have to say, I enjoy lesson planning (nerd alert!) and I also enjoy linking up with Deedee from Mrs. Will's Kindergarten for a Peek at my Week!
 I was VERY happy with my first few weeks of school last year so I have decided to pretty much stick with them this year.  Had to make a few modifications based on changes in our team math and language arts plans, but overall I was able to roll with them!  I have changed them to make them visual of course, which I have fallen in love with.  So, I'll keep this short and sweet:

On the first day I switch math and reader's workshop because I like to read The Kissing Hand earlier in the day.  Centers for the first week are pretty much just to practice using materials (nothing super hard) and practicing moving from center to center.  We have rest time for the first month, if the kids need it.  I always plan on doing it the first 2 weeks and then go from there.  I've stopped after the first 2 weeks the last couple years because they weren't actually napping.  Here are the plans:





While I'm not excited to get up early to get into the room and make sure everything is ready (because I haven't been in my room since wednesday due to training and a wedding!! AHHH!!) I am very excited to meet all my new students!!  Hope you have, or are having, a wonderful year!  Good luck everyone!


Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment