Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Low numbers and first day books

We have "historically" low numbers for our kindergarten registration right now...  I only have 13 kids on my list! We are hoping they go up fast because otherwise someone will have to switch and teach preK this year- which has quite the waiting list!  Yikes!

First Day Books
I've finally decided on what to read on the first day! (next up is planning for the whole week...)  It feels a little last minute, but it will all be OK.  

First Up: The Kissing Hand by Audrey Penn

 Read this book with my group last year for the first time and loved it, BUT it was really difficult for my English Language Learners to understand.  So I rewrote the story a little bit to make it easier for my kiddos.  If you want to see the rewrite you can go here.  

We will also read I Like Me by Nancy Carlson
and Chicka Chicka 123

The end of the day is what I am most excited about!!!  We are going to read You're Wonderful by Debbie Clement!!!!

The book comes with a music cd of the lyrics AND the sign language for the words so that the kids can sign along!  AMAZING!!  You can check out Debbie's website Rainbows Within Reach by clicking here.  That's also where you can buy her books! Or on TPT of course.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment