Monday, January 18, 2016

Peek at my Week Jan 19

Happy Martin Luther King Day! Hope that you all had a 3 day weekend.  I know I enjoyed mine. And now I'm linking up with Deedee from Mrs. Will's Kindergarten for a Peek at my Week!
 This week brings more penguins, reviewing character, setting, problem, and solution, AND focusing on Teen Numbers!! I am very excited about the teen numbers! Last year we started using Math Expressions.  We don't follow it lesson by lesson. Instead we jump around a bit because of the way we have to write our lesson plans for the state (we're a focus school) but have hit most of them this year. The Teen Number lessons though are FABULOUS!!!  I've never been good at teaching them...  But all my kids understood it after last year's lesson.  It's alot of 10 and ___ more, which of course makes complete sense to teach it that way now that I've done it.  LOL  As you can see, I'm looking forward to it again.

We are getting a great groove with Guided Reading.  I do it in a laid back way through December and then really hit it hard and follow a strict plan for myself after winter break. The kiddos are doing great with it and are so excited that they are reading books by themselves!!! Even my level 1 ELLs have read books by themselves and were so proud of themselves.  It was good to see.  SO, in honor of that and winter and wanting snow, I made a new reader pack all about Snow Days!  Here's a little preview:

It will be up on TPT sometime tomorrow after school- just a few finishing touches to be made.  Check back with me tomorrow and I'll show you all about it and there might be (will definitely be) a giveaway!

Here are the plans:




Hope you have a great week.  Happy Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment