Friday, September 20, 2013

Five for Friday Sept 20

I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for some random Five for Friday!
1. We started talking about the 5 Senses this week! I love teaching about the senses!  We did 2 special activities today:
First, we went out to the garden with the "garden lady" (there's really no title for her that I know of... but she takes care of the whole area).  She did a great sense of smell lesson with the different plants!  I had so many scents on my fingers by the time we were done.


Second, we did a taste test at the end of the day- there's nothing better than watching the reactions to the taste of Baker's Chocolate!!  HILARIOUS!!



2. Our art teacher made an amazing sign for the special parking spot for the Minute to Win It winners!  Awesome!




3. Have you ever heard Shape Song 2 on youtube??  It's really cute!  Some of our classes sang it at graduation last year and did a great performance.  Well, we started listening to it last week and my kiddos are already getting it!  Here is the link if you want to watch the amazingness: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTeqUejf3D0

4. We took our first "test" today.  We have been working on counting with 1 to 1 correspondence and number recognition and writing so I wanted to see who could do all this independently.  They were sooooo quiet during the "test," it was almost eerie...  And they really enjoyed the walls that I put up!
5. Epic fail?  That's what I think...  I tried to start a linky on wednesday called What?! Wednesday.  No links :-(   I think it was just too ambitious for a newbie blogger.  Maybe next month it will just be a "leave a comment" party...  Any tips??

Happy Friday everyone and enjoy more randomness over at Doodle Bugs Teaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment